AdmissionFor the admission process please go through the below procedure
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
i) Candidates having NCTE norms of eligibility are qualified for admission to the programme.
ii) The reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidates shall be as per the rules of the Government. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of them as per rules.
iii) The final selection for admission is made on the basis of a merit list approved by the Assam University, Silchar.
Eligibility criteria for admission in examination
ii) One must qualify in the internal tests.
- Last date for submission of duly filled in Application forms with all testimonials will be announced on our site. Keep an eye on this. (It’s usually in the month of May)
- Common Admission Test (CAT) to be conducted by University will also be announced on our site. (It’s usually in the mid of June)
- Final counselling and verification of the application form etc. at Assam University, Silchar will be announced on our site (It’s usually in the last part of June)
- Publication of list of selected candidates including waiting list is around the last part of June. This will be declared on our site.
- There may be a fine if the admission application is not submitted by the due date.
System for Working Teachers or Employee Candidates
Employee / Teacher candidates are required to submit a no-object certificate and release order from employer to prosecute the course of study at the time of admission. At the time of submission of application form for examinations also copies of the same have to be enclosed. This category of the candidates shall have to take leave from the job during the period of study and shall have to submit the release order from the employer concerned.
An undertaking as directed by the University must be enclosed during the time of admission or submission of application from for the examination.
B.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of 2 academic years, consisting of two semester.