Mission and Aims of VCEThe VCE aims at being the best and envisions to produce the best
The Mission of VCE is to develop and popularise Methodical Teaching at the secondary level of education under the guidance of NCTE and the Assam University and to create a flow of manpower who are knowledgeable, efficient and employable not only in schools but also in NGOs, and who, even as members of the society are capable of contributing to the Educational Environment of the Society.
With the Mission in view, VCE has determined certain Aims and chalked out certain course of actions. These are :
- To make B.Ed. Course easily accessible to eligible students through this Institution.
- To involve the society in general to contribute to the fulfillment of the Aims of VCE.
- To create a flow of employable teachers who will be motivated to fill up deficiency in the instructional ambiance in he district and elsewhere.
- To conduct survey work in the educational field and to provide for seminar/discussion forum on educational and other social aspects.
- To inculcate among the students of this institution a thirst for knowledge through their life.
- To make Vivekenanda College of Education as a campus, as an institution and as an organization, a center for acquisition and dissemination of knowledge, information, education and culture.
Since its inception in 1995, more than 1,000 (one thousand) students received B.Ed. Degree through this college. They came not only from the district of Karimganj but also from different parts of India, North, South and even from the Andaman & Nicober Islands. Almost all of them are now well places in their lives.
These achievements would not have been possible without the financial and moral support and help of the society. Funds came from students, guardians, Union Cabinet Minister Shri Santosh Mohan Dev, Local M.L.A., businessman Sri Subodh Kumar Roy, Office of the Deputy Commissioner, SBI’s Welfare Fund, Voluntary Organization, Teachers, members of the G.B etc.
Students completing their B.Ed from VCE join M.Ed courses, Join Services in private and Government aided schools and become informed parents, brothers and sisters, elders of the family of neighbors and of the society in general. Two of our former faculty obtained high first class in the M.Ed. course conducted by the Regional College of Education, Bhubeneswar. At present on Gold Medalist in M.Ed. course under the Assam University, Silchar is on the teaching staff. The Education Department of Govt. of Assam organized English Language Teaching center in the district with the help of VCE. National and international organizations like Bharat Vikas Parishad, Lions Club, Rotary Club, temporarily used our resources for their social and cultural activities. We do believe, are on the way to fulfill the aims, we charted out for ourselves.